We all know it in theory...RESISTANCE is futile. Yet, knowing this doesn't change the fact that we still do it. Again and again, we resist. We resist what is, we resist change (the unknown), we resist our deeper knowing, we resist the inner conflict our deeper knowing brings up, we resist the answer when the answer isn't exactly what we want it to be. We even resist resistance.
Many times, we think we're doing all we can do to move out of the resistance; when in fact, we just keep building up the same walls of tension - just with a slight twist on its form.
Resistance rarely shows itself for what it really is. It can come disguised as:
- Moving from one unsatisfying career (or relationship) after another or being 'stuck' in one. You see the resemblance of 'unfulfilled' again and again, yet you keep on keepin' on, hoping like magic that this pattern/feeling will resolve itself one day.
- Having ideas for projects or other creative/passion endeavors that you say, 'when I have time or when I'm ready.' Yet the time (or readiness) still hasn't presented itself to you.
- Making excuses for why you are stuck and can't move forward.
- Blaming others (or yourself) for not being where you want to be in life
- Negative self talk and making decisions from the 'shoulds'
These are just a few ways resistance can reveal itself. It takes the willingness to step into radical self-understanding and growth to begin to uncover the masks of resistance. It will take courage and commitment to move beyond them and re-write your story.
Ask yourself, "where am I staying stuck and how is this impacting my life?"
Then if you desire to live life as you intended and move from resistance to freedom...
Ask, "How will I do things differently than I have ever done before?"
Looking for support to move beyond resistance and into your potential?
Check out my Coaching Programs HERE
"In your resistance you get tired, and so, you need rest. And so, you go from resistance to rest to resistance to rest. But what about rest to eagerness, rest to passion, rest to alignment, rest to clarity, rest to brilliance? You can get this Energy moving within you and when you are up to speed with that Energy, you are clever; you are fun; you are full of vitality; your timing is good! Then you are living life as you intended!" ~ Abraham